CoD:Black Ops – now PC owners have theatre mode problems
The problems encountered by Playstation gamers looking to connect online in Call of Duty:Black Ops have long been known, but now it appears PC gamers are experiencing problems when attempting to connect to the Theatre Mode included in the game to view previous matches.
Numerous owners of the PC version of the game have been experiencing connection errors when trying to access the Treyarch server to view old game replays, and the problem has been acknowledge by Treyarch. Community Manager Josh Olin has confirmed that the PC team is looking into the problem.
A patch was released for the PC version of the game recently to fix various bugs and stability issues, and also included new private match server settings. The full change log is:
- MP Audio stuttering on certain systems.
- Playercards sometimes not showing properly.
- Added three Private Match Server Settings: Team Change, Team-Up Period, and Keep Balanced Teams.
- Added Alternate Color Scheme for accessibility: Settings / Multiplayer / Player Name Indicator.
- Changed Team-Up Period countdown interval to 10 seconds.
- Combat Training sessions are no longer counted in Server Browser Unranked tab.
- Friends on your team will now show as blue on your minimap.
- Prevention of various exploits.
- Objective markers localized for all languages.
- Various stability improvements
- Recognize new “invalid password” server response
Hopefully the theatre mode problem will be fixed shortly, and you’d imagine Treyarch are keen to allow PC gamers to continue sharing their best moments on video sharing sites such as Youtube – particularly with a new map pack about to arrive.