DICE promise to fix Battlefield 3 beta bugs
Developer DICE has promised to fix a series of bugs and exploits on the Battlefield 3 beta allowing console players to host 128 player games.
DICE have warned anybody hacking the Battlefield servers or taking part in 128 player matches could be banned from playing future EA games online. The console version of Battlefield 3 can only officially host a maximum of 32 players compared to 64 on the PC.
Since the release of the beta, many gamers have expressed disappointment at a series of glitches and graphical issues. As a result, DICE have promised to amend all issues ahead of Battlefield 3′s October 28 release. The developer will reveal what will be fixed in the final version over a series of announcements.
Part 1 of the changes is listed below:
A SELECTION OF CHANGES FROM OPEN BETA TO FINAL, PART 1
* Fixed occasional client crash when reviving.
* Fixed killcam showing glitched area under map if your killer is dead.
* Issue with spawning on dead squad mates fixed.
* Fixed a bug where shooting at a moving enemy could cause more than the intended amount of damage.
* Crosshairs for shotguns have been replaced with a new, thinner, art.
* A subtle low health screen effect has been added.
* Tweaked scores of Medals and Service Stars.
* Tweaked the Rank progression.
* Pushing prone on console will not play the animation twice.
* Fixed loss of Squad Leader after EOR at some times.
* Framerate stability fixes.
* The 3D spotting icons has been tweaked to better match the target’s visibility. Icons will show frequently less on mostly obscured targets.
* Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after round transition.
* Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after trying to deploy while the countdown timer still active.
* Squad list now shows specializations chosen, VOIP activity and dead squad mates.
* Non working options in squad menu fixed: ‘Private’ flag and ‘Switch Teams’.