There’s a lot of new content to enjoy in Counterstrike: Global Offensive right now. CS:GO Operation Hydra adds new game modes, weapon drops, and a full Guardian Mission campaign. It runs for a total of 18 weeks, from now until the end of September 2017.
CS:GO Operation Hydra Game Modes:
The new Hydra Events are games modes available on a weekly rotation. So each 7 days you can try something new, and they’ll be available to all players.
The 3 announced are:
This actually includes 6 different game modes. And between each match, you can vote to select which one to take on next. The six to select are:
- Heavy Assault Suit: Casual bomb defuse with a difference. You’re able to buy a $6,000 suit which will slow you down and mean you can only use pistols and submachine guns. But it will give you a lot of extra protection from enemy fire.
- Headshots Only: A deathmatch mode where only headshots count.
- Hunter-Gathers: Collect dog tags from your enemies and team-mates when they die to win.
- Stab Stab Zap: You’re armed only with knizes and close-range tasers (with a special 30-second recharge). Although you can also buy grenades. In case it isn’t chaotic enough
- The Flying Scoutsman: Low gravity fighting with an SSG08 sniper rifle and a knife.
- Trigger Discipline: Team deathmatch with a difference. Every missed shot will take away your health, down to the last point. So you need to be accurate, and encourage your enemies to miss!
This is a 2v2 mode, best of 16 match on CS:GO single bombsite maps.
A 5 vs 5 best of 30 match. But once you buy a weapon, you can’t purchase it again for the rest of the match. So you need to make sure you don’t waste your best armaments.
Operation Hyde New Maps, Weapons Guardian Campaign:
A total of 4 new and 3 returning community-created maps will be available in both the Hydra Events and regular matchmaking. These include: Black Gold, Insertion,Austria,Lite,Shipped,Thrill, and Agency.
Plus there’s the new cooperative campaign with a range of missions to each Guardian XP towards Operation Stars and Operation Weapon Drops, if you buy the All-Access Pass for $5.99.
And what would CS:GO do without a new set of weapon finishes. And gloves as the rare special items.
There’s an almost endless selection of new weapon finishes, and some are particularly nice. The Operation collections for weapons are Cobblestone, Cache, Overpass, Gods and Monsters, The Rising Sun and Chop Shop.
Operation Hydra All-Access Pass:
While the multiplater game modes and experiences are free to all players, there is an Operation Hydra All-Access Pass available for $5.99
Buying the pass will give you access to an Operation Challenge Coin (upgradeable to the new Diamon level), and Operation Journal to track your stats and compare them with friends, the Operation weapon drops and Hydra cases, and the Guardian Mission campaign.
There are a total of 16 Operation weapon drops, and 9 Operation Hydra cases to be earned by compelting the Guardian Missions, and taking part in the Hydra events.