Battlefield Bad Company 2
Battlefield Bad Company 2 was released on March 2010 for PC, PS3, Xbox 360 and Mac, as the latest in the Battlefield series. It’s a contemporary military game featuring single player and online multiplater maps. The main differentiating elements of Battlefield games are the highly destructible environments and the widespread availability of usable vehicles. It’s sold over five million copies since release.
The single player game follows Private Preston Marlowe, who previously appeared in Battlefield Bad Company, alongside the three returning members of Bad Company – Private Terrance “Sweets” Sweetwater, Private George “Hags” Haggard Junior, and Sergeant Samuel “Sarge” Redford. It starts with a flashback mission set in 1944, with a group of U.S commandos going into a Japanese naval base to liberate a scientist working on a secret weapon codenamed ‘The Black Weapon’. But the game really gets going as Bad Company have to handle the modern implications of that weapon.
Gametypes include Rush/Squad Rush (to defend or destory locations), Conquest (capture the flags), Squad Deathmatch, and Onslaught (one squad against an onslaught of enemy AI soldiers, with new vehicles available – it’s for Xbox 360 and PS3 only).
Seven map packs have been released:
- VIP Map Pack 1: Nelson Bay for Rush, Laguna Alta for Conquest.
- VIP Map Pack 2: Laguna Presa for Rush, Arica Harbour for Conquest.
- VIP Map Pack 3: Laguna Alta for Squad Rush, Nelson Bay for Squad Deathmatch.
- VIP Map Pack 4: Atacama Desert for Rush, Port Valdez for Conquest.
- VIP Map Pack 5: White Pass for Rush, Nelson Bay for Conquest.
- VIP Map Pack 6: Panama Canal for Squad Deathmath, Laguna Presa for Squad Rush.
- VIP Map Pack 7: Oasis for all game modes, Harvest Day for all game modes, Cold War for Rush, Squad Rush and Squad Deathmath, Heavy Metal for Conquest and Squad Deathmatch.
Battlefield Bad Company 2: Vietnam is an expansion pack released on December 18 for PC, and December 21 for Xbox 360 and PS3 which takes place during the Vietnam War and is only available via download. It contains 5 new maps, 6 new vehicles and 15 new weapons, with the fifth map unlocked when the game community reached 69,000,000 team actions, which has now been achieved. It also includes 49 music tracks from the era to enjoy via in-game radio. And there are 10 new Xbox and Playstaion achievements/trophies to collect.
Buying Battlefield:Bad Company 2
Battlefield Bad Company 2: Ultimate Edition is available for the Xbox 360 and PS3 and includes the original game, the already available downloadable game Battlefield 1943, Onslaught mode, and imeddiate access to four vehicle upgrades and two weapon unlocks from day 1, which is the same as Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Limited Edition.